There are several keys to defeating the Steelers.
1. Pressure Roethlisberger. He will pump fake. The Titans defense do not need fall for any of it. Stay on your man.
2. The Steelers look weak at Running Back. Make Roethlisberger throw down field. Do not give him any options.
3. It’s important for Tennessee to get pressure on the quarterback early in the game, setting the tone for relentless aggressiveness from the defense.
4. Stretch the Steelers defense with a long pass off of play action. A defense will often loosen up the blitz if you burn them once or twice with a long pass.
5. Use an effective draw play to fool the defense.
What does a Titan victory mean?
It improves Mike Munchak’s career record as a head coach to 16-17 and gives Jake Locker a 5-7 record as a starting Quarter Back. This game will be a good opportunity to show off our running game. The Titans can use this game to make their identity clear within the league.