Running back CHRIS JOHNSON of the Tennessee Titans, defensive end LAMARR HOUSTON of the Oakland Raiders and kick returner-defensive back DEVIN MC COURTY of the New England Patriots are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played the seventh week of the 2012 season (October 18, 21-22), the NFL announced today.
OFFENSE: RB CHRIS JOHNSON, TENNESSEE TITANS
- Johnson rushed for 195 yards on 18 carries (10.8 average) with two touchdowns (16-yard rush TD; 83-yard rush TD) in the Titans’ 35-34 win over the Buffalo Bills.
- Johnson’s 195 rushing yards are the third-most in a game this season (JAMAAL CHARLES, 233; AHMAD BRADSHAW, 200).
- · In the first quarter, Johnson registered his fourth career rushing touchdown of 80+ yards, the most in NFL history. Johnson surpassed AHMAN GREEN, and Pro Football Hall of Famers HUGH MC ELHENNY, BARRY SANDERS and O.J. SIMPSON as the only players with three career rushing touchdowns of 80+ yards in NFL history.
- Posted his fourth career game with 190+ rushing yards, the most among active players.
- Since Week 4, Johnson leads the NFL with 451 rushing yards.
- Since entering the NFL in 2008, Johnson has an NFL-best 6,141 rushing yards.
- In his fifthseason from East Carolina, this is Johnson’s fourth Offensive Player of the Week Award. He most recently won the award in 2011 (Week 12).